Things To Do In Moab
Moab, Utah is a small town with a big reputation. Located in the heart of the red rock desert, it’s a hub for outdoor enthusiasts and adventurers, drawing visitors from around the world to experience its natural beauty and unique attractions. Whether you’re a hiker, a mountain biker, a rock climber, or just looking for a scenic drive, Moab has something for everyone. Here are some of the top things to do in Moab:
- Arches National Park: Arches National Park is a must-visit destination for any trip to Moab. Home to over 2,000 natural sandstone arches, towering pinnacles, and other stunning rock formations, it’s a playground for photographers, hikers, and nature lovers. Highlights include the iconic Delicate Arch, the Windows Section, and the Devil’s Garden.
- Canyonlands National Park: Canyonlands National Park is another must-see destination in Moab, offering dramatic landscapes and endless opportunities for adventure. The park is divided into four districts, each with its own unique scenery and attractions, including the Island in the Sky, the Needles, the Maze, and the Colorado and Green Rivers.
- Mountain Biking: Moab is known as one of the best mountain biking destinations in the world, with hundreds of miles of trails for riders of all levels. From easy scenic rides to challenging technical terrain, Moab has it all. Some popular trails include Slickrock, Porcupine Rim, and the Whole Enchilada.
- Off-Road Adventures: For those looking for a more adrenaline-fueled adventure, Moab offers a variety of off-road tours. Choose from a ride-along trips with an experienced driver or a you-drive UTV tour that puts you behind the wheel. Explore the rugged terrain of Moab’s backcountry and experience breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes. Epic 4X4 Adventures has curated Moab’s most exciting rides delivering a variety of customized tours to match your spirit of adventure. Check out our trail portfolio.
- Rock Climbing: Moab is a world-class rock climbing destination, offering a variety of climbs for climbers of all levels. From sandstone towers to crack climbs, Moab has something for every type of climber. Some popular climbing areas include Indian Creek, Castle Valley, and Fisher Towers.
- Scenic Drives: Moab is surrounded by some of the most scenic drives in the country, including the famous Scenic Byway 128, which winds along the Colorado River and through red rock canyons. Other popular drives include the La Sal Mountain Loop Road and the Potash-Lower Colorado River Scenic Byway.
- River Rafting: The Colorado and Green Rivers offer some of the best river rafting experiences in the country, with a variety of trips for all levels of rafters. From mild floats to thrilling rapids, Moab has it all.
- Stargazing: Moab’s dark skies make it an ideal destination for stargazing. Take a night hike or join a guided stargazing tour to experience the wonders of the night sky.
Moab, Utah offers a wide variety of attractions and activities for visitors of all interests and ages. From its stunning national parks to its world-class outdoor adventures, Moab is a destination that is sure to leave a lasting impression.